Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Holiday Crafts & DIY Projects




I don’t know about you, but fall is a time when I love to decorate and do craft projects because the holidays are coming around the corner.  First, you can decorate for autumn with fall leaves, pumpkins, apples, cinnamon and all the wonderful foods and scents associated with fall.  Right after that, you can decorate for Halloween, and then Thanksgiving, and before you know it, Christmas is here!  This time of year makes it so much more fun to do craft projects because you can instantly use them as decorations for the holiday seasons and brighten up your home with some holiday cheer!

I am a big fan of Martha Stewart’s holiday craft projects, as well as her big book of crafts.  They are always beautifully done, the instructions are clear, and can be a jumping off point for finding other project ideas.
Her website is also wonderful to use as well.  Everything is broken down into clear and easy-to-follow steps.  It contains holiday crafts, regular craft projects, food and entertaining ideas, and recipes galore.

Another inspiration source for craft projects for me and my family has been Pinterest.  If you have never heard of this site, I highly recommend checking it out.  It is basically a great big bulletin board for sites you find interesting on the internet, or to find new sites that might interest you.  I love to use it for craft projects and DIY projects.  And some of the holiday projects they have on Pinterest are amazing.

I recently threw a baby shower for my sister that was The Very Hungry Caterpillar themed.  I used Pinterest to gather ideas from everything about what to serve as food, table landscapes, and party decorations.  And I could share all the ideas instantly with other family members who were helping to plan the party.

Another website I like to browse is the Better Homes & Gardens website.  They have great DIY projects, cool room makeovers and stunning furniture transformations.

If you would like to browse the EasiCat catalog for other DIY books or craft books, follow any of the links below.